Subcard® Loyalty Scheme Terms And Conditions
The Subcard® loyalty scheme is operated in participating Subway® stores by Eat-Commerce Limited. If you need to write to us the address is set out below.
1. The Card is issued by and remains the property of Eat-Commerce Limited Eat-Commerce Limited reserves the right at all times in its absolute discretion and without notice not to issue Cards and to either amend these Subcard® mobile application) and/or any points which may have been collected.
2. You can only obtain a Card if you are a resident of the UK or ROI and if under the age of 18 have obtained parental consent. The Card and any other related applications remain your responsibility at all times.
3. Only the person who has applied and registered for the Card can use it. Only one Card will be issued per Cardholder’s account. To register your Card please visit https://subcard.subway.co.uk and follow the instructions. The Card is non-transferable and can only be used at participating Subway® stores for your own use.
4. The Card is a loyalty card and is not and cannot be used as any form of credit card, guarantee card or proof of age or identity.
5. The Subcard® mobile application is offered as part of the Subcard® loyalty scheme and is only available on compatible mobile phones.
6. The Subcard® mobile application will allow a compatible mobile phone to display a QR code which may be used to collect points in place of a standard Card. Subsquad™ allows notifications to be sent to a compatible mobile phone informing Cardholders of opportunities to earn additional Subcard® points by making qualifying purchases in participating Subway® stores within a defined time frame.
7. To download the current version of the Subcard® mobile application (which incorporates Subsquad™), visit https://subcard.subway.co.uk/cardholder/home_uk.html and follow the instructions on the site.
8. You may only download the Subcard® mobile application if you are a resident of the UK or ROI and if under the age of 18 have obtained parental consent. Downloading the mobile application may incur standard data download rates, please contact your service provider for more details and seek the bill payer’s consent (if applicable).
9. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Eat-Commerce Limited accepts no liability for any loss or damage suffered by you in connection with using the Subcard® mobile application, including without limitation, in relation to any transmission delays, failures of the Subcard® mobile application or Subsquad™ notifications, damage to any mobile phone, data message delays or any other technical difficulties beyond its control.
10. Eat-Commerce Limited reserves the right to block any user of the Subcard® mobile application at its discretion in the event the user is not complying with these Terms.
11. Points will be awarded as follows:
1. Where a Card or app is not registered (via download of the App or on the website – https://subcard.subway.co.uk/cardholder/home_uk.html, points will be earned at the rate of 1 point for every 20 pence spent when purchases are made in the UK and at the rate of 1 point per 30 cents spent when purchases are made in ROI;
2. Where a Card or app is registered, points will be earned at the rate of 1 point for every 10 pence spent when purchases are made in the UK and at the rate of 1 point per 15 cents spent when purchases are made in ROI (“Standard Points”);
3. Where a Card or app is registered and triggered (in accordance with paragraph 12), and the card is scanned for purchases twice within a 7 (seven) day period, points will be earned at the rate of 2 points for every 10 pence spent when purchases are made in the UK and at the rate of 2 point per 15 cents spent when purchases are made in ROI (“Double Points”).
12. Registered Cardholders will be eligible to earn Double Points, when ‘Triggered’. A Card or app is Triggered to earn Double Points when the Cardholder makes 2 purchases in a 7 (seven) – day period. The first purchase for which a Card is scanned will not be included, nor will any subsequent purchases made on that day. The Cardholder must make at least one purchase within 7 (seven) days of their most recent purchase to earn Double Points and then continue to make at least one purchase within 7 (seven) days of their most recent purchase to maintain Double Points. Cardholders will stop earning Double Points if they do not continue to make purchases within 7 days of each other and will return to earning Standard Points. A Card will be Triggered again as soon as the Cardholder makes two purchases within a 7 (seven) day period as provided for in this paragraph.
13. After 28 days from new registration of a Card points will be earned at the Standard and Double rates (when Triggered) as set out above. Points earned prior to registration of the Card will not be retrospectively updated or ‘topped up’.
14. The Card must be scanned at the point of purchase to earn the points, and Double Points will not be awarded retrospectively where the Cardholder fails to present the Card for any transaction.
15. Eat Commerce Limited reserves the right to change the amount and value of points awarded in UK NI and ROI at any time, on 14 days’ notice. However, all points collected up to the date of the rate change can be redeemed in accordance with these terms and conditions.
16. Some promotional offers may not be able to be used in conjunction with the Standard Points issue rates, this will be at the discretion of Eat Commerce Limited. Double Points can be earned alongside Subsquad™ points but may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. Subsqaud™ points will not be doubled.
17. Points will be awarded on purchases made in Subway® stores and may be redeemed against products available in Subway® stores as advertised from time to time and may change. Points can only be added or redeemed upon presentation of your Card or your Subcard® mobile QR code at the checkout when paying for a transaction. Please note points cannot be redeemed until you have registered your Card in accordance with clause 3 above.
18. Points cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. If you lose your Card or if it ceases to work for any reason Eat-Commerce Limited may, at its sole discretion, replace your Card and, once you have registered your new Card, transfer any points collected on it to the new Card, thereafter the original Card will cease to work. If you lose your mobile phone or the Subcard® mobile application ceases to work, the SUBCARD® mobile application can be re-downloaded and providing you re-register with your original email address your points will be transferred to your new SUBCARD® mobile application.
20. The Card may contain a maximum of 5000 points at any time. Eat-Commerce Limited reserves the right at all times in its absolute discretion and on reasonable notice to raise or lower the maximum limit of points allowed to be held on any Card. Any points in excess of the imposed limit may be lost.
21. Eat-Commerce Limited shall be entitled to set a limit on the number of points which may be awarded to each SUBCARD® account in respect of special promotional items on which additional points are awarded.
22. Eat-Commerce Limited shall be entitled at any time to cancel points awarded if the relevant products to which such award relates are returned or cancelled for any reason and a refund of the purchase price is given.
23. Whilst your Card does not have a fixed expiry date, if you have not used your Card to make a purchase for 12 months or more, any points on it will expire and your balance will be reset to zero. You can register a new replacement Card or continue to earn new points on your existing card.
24. Subsquad™ allows Cardholders to create a SQUAD within which other Cardholders can benefit from purchases made using a registered Subcard® enabling additional points to be earned.
26. Once Subsquad™ has been installed Subcard® users are able to create a SQUAD of between 2 and 9 members, in total. The creator of each Subsquad™ will be provided with a unique alphanumeric reference code enabling other members to join the SQUAD. Only persons holding a valid, registered Subcard® will be able to join the SQUAD. To be a member of a SQUAD a Cardholder will have to download the current Subcard® mobile application and agree to these Terms.
27. Creators of each Subsquad™ will be provided the opportunity to name their SQUAD, using between 3 and 30 characters. Profane or offensive words must not be used. Eat-Commerce Limited will not accept any liability for any use of any profane or offensive words and may, at their sole discretion, remove a SQUAD or refuse to allocate points to any members within a SQUAD containing such words.
28. Cardholders can only be a member of one Subsquad™ at any one time. If you wish to leave a Subsquad™ you may do so at any time by following the link and instructions in the Subsquad™ application.
29. Once the Subsquad™ has been created members will be provided with push notifications, sent through the Subcard® mobile application advising them when another member of the SQUAD has made a purchase in a Subway® store using their Subcard® . If at least one member within the same Subsquad™ makes a purchase within 4 hours of another member having made a purchase (“Qualifying Time Frame”) each Cardholder within the Subsquad™ who made a purchase will be awarded an additional 50 points, credited to their Subcard® . Any purchase made outside the Qualifying Time Frame will start a new timeframe. At least two members of Subsquad™ must make a purchase within the Qualifying Time Frame for points to be awarded.
30. Bonus points will only be awarded once within any Qualifying Time Frame. Additional purchases made by other SQUAD members within the same Qualifying Time Frame will only accrue points in accordance with the usual Subcard® points awards (as set out above). Qualifying Time Frames will not overlap. A period of 24 hours can allow for up to 6 Qualifying Time Frames within which an additional 50 points may be earned, allowing up to 300 additional points in any 24 hour period, subject to qualifying purchases being made in accordance with these Terms. Points will show on the Subsquad™ Cardholder’s account on the following business day.
31. Purchases made outside the Qualifying Time Frame but within 24 hours of the initial purchase triggering a Qualifying Time Frame may be awarded 50 additional points, at Eat-Commerce Limited’s sole discretion, where the purchase is delayed due to queues, store availability or other factors affecting an in-store purchase which is outside the Cardholder’s control.
32. Eat-Commerce Limited reserve the right to change the points allocation awarded to Cardholders using the Subsquad™ mobile application at any time.
33. Eat-Commerce Limited reserve the right to cease providing Subsquad™ at any time.
34. Points earned using Subsquad™ only apply to purchases made in participating Subway® stores situated in the United Kingdom and Republic Of Ireland. A minimum spend of £0.01 or €0.01 is required for Subsquad™ purchases to be eligible for additional points rewards.
35. To qualify for bonus points Subsquad™ members must have the Subcard® mobile application switched on and have agreed to opt in to receiving marketing messages through Subsquad™ when making a purchase in a qualifying Subway® store. Purchases made using either a plastic Subcard® or the Subcard® mobile application are both eligible to earn additional points, however, only Cardholders who have installed Subsquad™ on their mobile phones will be eligible to receive notifications of the Qualifying Time Frame and receive additional Subsquad™ bonus points on purchases made in accordance with these Terms.
36. Points earned using Subsquad™ only apply to purchases made in participating Subway® stores situated in the UK and ROI. SUBCARD™ members can only form a Subsquad™ with other Subcard® members registered in the UK and ROI and Subsquad™ points will only be awarded on transactions made within UK and ROI Subway® stores.
37. Subsquad™ bonus points will not be awarded on any purchases where a Subcard® IOU receipt is issued by a Subway® store.
38. Eat Commerce Limited reserve the right to remove points from a Subcard® account if it is believed that these have been obtained fraudulently.
39. Each exclusion or limitation of liability in these Terms applies to Eat-Commerce Limited, the owners and operators of Subcard® and Subsquad™ , Subway IP Inc., Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust B.V., Subway International B.V. and their affiliates, employees and agents.
40. These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
41. Subway® , Subcard® and Subsquad™ are registered trademarks of Subway IP Inc.